Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
And wherever I go in town, Farmer's Market is always on the way.
Let's meet at Fairfax and Third for a Bennett's Cola. Made in Los Angeles.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Well, if I wasn't much for one for decorating this day, mother nature did a fine job after the rains.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Okay, I'm sufficiently freaked out.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Maui. My impressions are still too fresh to make any sense of them. This is my country and yet, not my land. Hawai'i is a cultural and geographic entity onto itself. In a way, Hawai'i is culturally more a colony than a state, as these polynesian islands were overthrown and rule by the United States forced upon the native population. It is the only state in the Union to have two official languages, English and Pidgin. Beneath the beauty and aloha is a history of pain.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Farbenmix is five years old today!
Happy Birthday, my friends!
YOU are part of Farbenmix, too. No Farbenmix without you, so the birthday presents are for you! Check out the free ebooks available for download here.
Hedgewig, a little pincusion wristlet is my little contribution to the party. Instructions are available in English, German and Dutch (dank je wel, Lilian!). it took some thinking and thinking to come up with a way to make this pin cushion without any hand stitching (yuck: hand stitching). Find out how Hedgie hides and hides again before coming out of his hole.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
- Making a fully faced cut-out pocket
- Hong Kong seams
- Encasing a zipper between the shell and the lining.
- Insetting a zipper
- Nähte in Schrägband einfassen
- Das Setzen des Reißverschlußes zwischen Außentasche und Innenfutter.
- Einen Reißverschluß mittig einbauen.
Darüber hinaus bietet El Porto auch ein paar Sachen, die du für andere Projekte verwenden könntest, wie z. B. die runde Zwickeltasche.
- "A soccer ball needs to fit inside."
- "There should be a place for soccer cleats and shin guards. "
- "I want my volleyball and beach towel to fit. "
- "There needs to be a place for my water bottle. "
- "I want a pocket for my iPod. "
- "I want a pocket for my cell phone. "
- "There should be a place for my sunscreen."
- A security pocket on the inside.
- The bag design should be good for both kids and adults.
- The design should allow for simplification, as well as offer opportunities to go all out.
- The design should allow for opportunities of lots of colorful combinations, but have a fashion silhouette strong enough to uphold monochrome designing.
Embroidery design Smila's World.
Ich gebe es zu: Alleine habe ich die Tasche nicht entworfen. Da spielten meine beiden Kindern mit.
- "Der Fußball muß 'reinpassen."
- "Ich will Taschen für meine Fußballschuhe und Beinschöner. "
- "Der Volleyball muß passen. "
- "Meine Trinkflasche nicht vergessen."
- "Mein iPod soll auch eine Tasche haben. "
- "Und ein Platz für mein Handy. "
Hinzu fügte ich:
Hinzu fügte ich:
- Eine Sicherheitstasche.
- Das Design soll sich sowohl für Kinder als auch Erwachsene eignen.
- Das Design soll sich zum vereinfachen eignen, aber auch Gelegenheit zum total austoben anbieten.
- Das Design soll genug Gelegenheit anbieten, viele bunte, verrückte Variablen ermöglichen, aber die
- Silhouette soll von sich aus modisch sein, um auch monochrome varianten zu unterstützen.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
We were going with Greek monsters this year. And Anna as Medusa. She likes snakes. She likes monsters. But she hates the wig. (After a bit of Googling, I learned that Medusa was also considered a goddess of true knowledge and the reason that a person would die upon gazing upon her face, was that she revealed a person's true nature).
Saturday, October 24, 2009
The devils in the coffin
Of the details
There will be no finer day
To take my breath
Survival is all parody
Contorted and extorted
Colossal youth on megaphones
Please call us home
We need to come home quickly
Did this job make us crazy?
Or we're we so screwed up
We took this job?
Play dominoes with knucklebones
We feed the beast
Till he's too fat to walk
There simply are no devils
Left, in hell
Deliver us from deliverance
Deliver us, from all these awkward pauses
You are as brave as you believe
You are as brave as what you won't repeat
You are as lost as you need to be
You are as lost as what you won't admit
The future is a slow retreat
The future is a muscle you don't have
Gonna shake tonight
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
For our brand it was a desaster and i guess a lot of other companys which bought Jack Wolfskin Merchedaising Products have the same problem. Our Merchedaising Company also remarked why Jack WUlskin does not atac Shakira wich is a famous brand which indeed uses a similar Logo on Jackets and T-Shirts. http://www.shakira.com
Sorry for my bad English but i thought ich should write this to give a idea that this effects a lot of other companys.
Friday, October 16, 2009
A little public recognition is not a bad thing. The Fall 2009 issue of Quilting Arts Stitch has a mention of Farbenmix and StudioTantrum/Fledge.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
AND I think I made it wrong! I think I marked the places for the snaps for the apron part a little low...just a leeeetle...like about an inch...the apron part should really be flush with the waist edge...forgive me...
Anyway, this is the darling Glitzerblume*'s darling new pant design, Roberta! Roberta is pretty darn cool, because the front and back panels twist a bit around the leg. Cool. And the apron part, when it's in the right place, well, it's cool, too. Available from Farbenmix.