fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coming Soon! ...or sooner or later...

ENCINITAS

Sunshine Dress ENCINITAS is named for a throw-back laid-back small-town beach town halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles. Encinitas calls itself the "flower capital of the world" (but so does Aalsmeer, Holland. And since the Dutch take their flowers as seriously as their soccer *ahem* football, I don't want to catch the ire of any tulip hooligans). And as such, this dress features a wavey, flower-like hemline.




 The pattern may be sewn as a double-layer dress, skirt, apron skirt (álá "Feliz") or single-layer tunic top. For somewhat older girls (say, 8-9-10ish), I like to add the detail of slits in the arm seams for a summery, breezy look. Otherwise, for little girls, I'd leave the peasant top as is. Also, for older girls, I like to make a  casing and tied bow neckline. I have instructions for these variations online.

I have to translate this into English yet and have printed for the North American market. But this pattern will be available from Farbenmix.de beginning May 19th.

My many, many, many thank to Sabine and Janina and the test sewists. XOXO

12 comments:

Marion - Mallofaktur said...

It's a very beautiful dress. I like it for older girls, too.
:o)

Christie said...

Gorgeous!

michal said...

another winner! I can't waitto have it!

nic said...

be still, my layer-loving heart.

Kathya said...

gorgeous pattern. i cant wait to get my hand on this pattern. ^_^

Linda said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to get it! When will it be available in English?

Thanks.

Linda Fleming

Christine said...

I definitely love the look of this for older girls! My daughter would love it!

Kathy said...

I love this! When will it be for sale in English?

Fledgling said...

Hello! Thank you for your kind words. It's been awhile since I've come up with anything, hasn't it? This pattern is not as innovative, out-of-the-box as some other designs. But I have looked at this design for over a year and I like it every time my girl wears it. Classics are classics for a reason!

I have the English Encinitas version at the printers this very second. I should have the pattern for sale wholesale next week. Please check in with your favorite Farbenmix and Fledge retail partner.

Love to you!

-N.

Tiffany W said...

I am looking forward to the English version. The dress is very beautiful. I am excited to get started on one for my little girl.

Abbey said...

Any chance of getting this is English download?? I posted in a group over here and people are loving it!

Abbey said...

Any chance of getting this is English download?? I posted in a group over here and people are loving it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails