fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, June 25, 2012

Between, Be Tween

Eleven. I know, right? She's eleven.

Just when I thought I was pretty good at being a parent to little kids...they grow up.

She didn't want anything this year, except a party. A trampoline party. And a limo. And a park. Eleven: Somewhere between little kid and big kid. Between trampolines and stretch limos and climbing trees. Which is a great place to be!

DSC01682

DSC01692

Happy Birthday. Baby Girl. I love you so much.

3 comments:

Klasse-Kleckse said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!

And yes, in 16 days we have the same here: Something between trampoline and midnightparty, too old for a child and too young for a woman;-)...but it's great to see them grow!

Greetings Uschi

Lola Nova said...

Oh hip hip hooray beautiful birthday girl!

Wow a limo and tree climbing?! Sweet!

Jen said...

Mine hit this milestone last year and I've noticed that throughout this year she struggled with being herself. As your Anna has no problem with being herself, I had my daughter read your post about Thanksgiving and Anna's response to someone who asked her why she dressed 'like that' (Maeve loves her mommy-made things but the kids do make fun of her sometimes). I think it helped her immensely.

Anyway, these birthday wishes are late but I'm wishing Anna another year of awesomeness and of being herself, though I'm sure she expects nothing less.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails