fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, May 19, 2014

Lemonade!

When life hands you lemons, am I right?


I had an opportunity to visit the International Quilt Market in Pittsburgh (more on that later). For my flight back to LA, I had to change flights in Miami. And my flight into Miami was late. And that was the last connecting flight that evening.

After two hours of standing in the rebooking line (thank goodness I was standing between a good-humored sys admin from Montreal and an Aussie gal on her way to the Galapagos Islands: we almost got a flash mob started...anyway...), I got a hotel room and another flight early the next morning. Well, I thought to myself, instead of getting only about three hours of sleep and then spend five hours on a plane, if my day was going to be shot anyway, why not just take the last flight out of Miami and spend the day at South Beach? I know, poor me. I slept in late in a lovely Marriot bed (I like Marriot mattresses), watched an episode of Ancient Aliens (I don't have television in at home, just Hulu and Netflix, so I miss out of gems like Ancient Aliens, where, let's face it, anything that cannot be easily explained, for example, Leonardo da Vinci's brief hiatus from painting, can only logically be explained by the influence of extraterrestrials. Obviously). I had lovely blue meal ticket vouchers, which paid for a leisurely breakfast and then a whole day to myself. Just me, myself and Miami. South Beach, let's do this thing!






I shoot people!





The Left and Right Coasts are different as far as beach culture is concerned. Considering both coasts are all about the beach, how differently could we possibly dress? Very differently, turns out: SoCal = flip flops. SoBe = high heels. SoCal = suncreen. SoBe = eyeshadow. SoCal = floppy hats. SoBe = hair pieces. And so forth and so on. I mean, it takes a stylist to go to the beach here, seriously. 

Anyway, a great day away from the grind. I'll take those kinds of lemons any day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails