fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fabric, friends, fledge. And not necessarily in that order.











I figured out that SiteMeter thing. And it freaked me out a little. You're out there. More than I realized.

Whoa.

Made me feel like I should be on my best behavior. Like I should check if there was anything stuck in my teeth. Like I should have something really, really important or good or profound to say. That sort of thing.

I'm over it now. So what? You're there. I've got this blog. My teeth are freshly brushed. It's all good.

It's been a good weekend. Can't complain too much when the coffee cup is bottomless and the fabric is $3 a yard and the kids are so very well-behaved and I've got good friends to share this all with. And we found the shorter guy at the trim store. (The guys there price by height. The taller the guy, the higher the price he makes. Look for that shorter guy. Much better deal).

Look there in the mirror. My boy is giving you the Vulcan hand sign for Live Long and Prosper. So, yeah. What he said.

3 comments:

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

Love that Jack-Mirror-fabric picture ;o)

Sabine

Miss K.P.-Ness said...

It's really me- your stalker who is at your blog every day to check on you- so I don't have to call so much and then you know I'm stalking you.
Sorry.
It's just that you are like whipped cream; so cool and fluffy.

nic said...

i suspect your profundity comes naturally, so even when you think you're just shooting the breeze, the rest of us are taking scrupulous notes.

ps now you have me wondering how pricing works with a short guy on stilts. artificial inflation?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails