fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where?





I'm not sure where inspiration comes from. It is all around, I suppose. It can fall like these acacia blossoms falling all around, while Jack and I eat raisin rolls in front of the bakery.

I'm also not quite sure where random goodwill comes from. I have found that it also is all around. I recognize it especially when considering these sewing patterns. You know me: I am embarrassed by my lack of any marketing effort. I've had a Web site only for a few months and not a very good one at that. I haven't purchased a single advertisement. I don't even write much about sewing on this blog. I've never been to "market" and only recently understood what "market" was. And yet, by word of mouth, forum and blog, these patterns have sold across Europe, North America and Australia/New Zealand. I have an inquiry here from Korea. Korea? Any success these patterns have had have been because of you. You have posted photos of studioTANTRUM/fledge and Farbenmix designs on forums, told people where to buy the patterns and shared the pattern names in your auctions. Some of you invest your time and skills to help others make these patterns. Melissa has made a wonderful Paula sew-along and is in the midst of a Marieke sew-along. These sew-alongs are not only very detailed, but sewn by someone unfamiliar with the patterns. Just like you, she is sewing the design for the first time. And she wants to help you sew your own for your little one. I did not know Melissa when she started this. I just googled "Farbenmix" as I must every so often and there was this Paula sew-along! It blows me away. Just blown away. I really am humbled by this kind of enthusiasm and support. Thank you, Melissa, for all your time and effort.

The acacia tree is about the only tree that will survive in the African desert. It has deep roots and stretches up to the heavens, offering shelter, habitat and nutrition for many. For those reason, perhaps, the acacia tree is a sacred symbol in several cultures. Its yellow blossoms can be interpreted as a symbol of friendship. Thank you, also, for your friendship.

3 comments:

wondermommy said...

Thank you so much Nancy. People only support what they love, and we love your work. Studio Tantrum and Farbenmix give us a way to express ourselves while showing our little ones how much we love them.

Continue all your great work!

Unknown said...

I would have never started to sew, if I had not stumbled across Studio Tantrum and Farbenmix patterns. I am still amazed were I am at today, 2 years later, propelled by your awesome patterns! Thank you so much :)

distelfliege said...

I picked up the "Best things are free" meme from a german blog and when I googled for it I came here to this blog and kept reading it.
I like it very much :-)
Ist echt ein schiiiiickes Blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails