fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve Twelve Twelve

Okay: 12 days until Christmas Eve. 9 days until the Earth crashes into the planet Nibiru at the conclusion of the long-count Mayan calenday. BUT only 2 days until the theatrical release of The Hobbit!

I just watched REM's Micheal Stipe sing with Coldplay's Chris Martin on the 12•12•12 Robinhood disaster relief fundraising concert. That, and once I see Peter Jackson's Hobbit, I think I will have lived a pretty full life; Nibiru can come.

Poncho_1_desat

Since I am confident all things Hobbit will be The Next Big Thing, this will be my Christmas present to you. I need to draft up the size set, hadn't gotten to it today, but I will get to it before the world ends--

OMG! I interupt this post to geek out over Paul McCartney singing Helter Skelter live!

Okay, I'm back. Anyway, this is a simple capelet. Four pattern pieces total. It is simple, simple, simple thing to sew. I did add welted pockets, because, well, I always add a few vegetables on the plate, even if you don't eat them...Welted pockets are good for you! Just try a little.

poncho_2_desat

It has some Middle Earth flare. And a lot of varied wearing options. Well, I better get to drafting. More on this later.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails