fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Of Summers Past

Well, fall has fallen. And I feel like I am falling off. Lately, I don't feel like I've been doing anything right. I'm working on a simple, simple, simple blouse design that is proving so hard. Three pieces...c'mon...go together the way I want...Nope. I went to a free yoga class. Do you know what I found out? I don't even breathe right. Breathing? Really? You're telling me I don't know how to breathe? Like I said, I can't do anything right.

So, let me go back to summer, when the kids and I stumbled onto Old Spanish Days in Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara is already the most beautiful of California cities. Now, cover that town in confetti, cascarones, flamenco dancers and street taco vendors? Santa Barbara gets it right!




















3 comments:

Jen said...

Looks so colorful and fun - it reminds me of your book. I don't breathe right either, so you're not alone. :) How do I not breathe right? I played the oboe for years, so I know how to use my diaphragm. Apparently this isn't the right way, though.

Lola Nova said...

I'm a walking disaster these days. Tricky business this everyday life. Beautiful photos! Santa Barbara must have been dazzling!

Fledgling said...

Hello Jen! I'd take the word of an oboe player over a skinny, much-too flexible dude any day of the week.

Hello Alex! Pish-tosh: (first, do people say "pish-tosh" anymore? That was my mother's expression...) Your cloth journal art? Simply amazing. Tickety-boo! (People say "tickety-boo" still, right?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails