fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, December 10, 2007

This week in pictures





I haven't quite gotten the Christmas spirit, but I definitely have a feeling of anticipation. Advent is about waiting, isn't it? Preparing. Anticipating.

There is nothing like new bedding from IKEA, I think. Look carefully and you'll see a little girl perfectly camouflaged in her environment. This room is the Annatorium.

I find decorating for Christmas an aesthetic challenge, especially considering my love/hate relationship with kitsch and my tendaency to over-intellectualize metaphors, symbols and messages. Nonetheless, I like bringing promises of life into the house. Here, the narcissus have forced.

Speaking of my love/hate of kitsch, look at boots, purse and samba-dancing kit(s)chen timer that are now part of my life. Oh, like you don't throw in a couple of things in for yourself when out Christmas shopping.

I'm not much of a tea drinker, so I don't have tea leaves to read. I read my cappucino instead. I read this to be a flaming heart milagro. Appropriate, yes, for Advent.

My song recommendations for this week are Rozanne Gates' and Susan Sheridan's 90-Pound Suburban Housewife in Her SUV and Joseph Spence's Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

And how is your holiday season coming along?

Weihnachtsstimmung ist bei mir noch nicht aufgetreten. Die Adventszeit ist doch für das Warten. Vorbereiten. Antizipieren.


Es gibt wenig besseres als neue Bettlaken von IKEA, nicht wahr? Wenn du genau hinschaust, siehst du ein junges Mädchen perfekt getarnt. Dieses Zimmer ist das Annatorium.


Weihnachtsdekoration ist für mich eine aestetische Herausforderung, vor allem im Anbetracht meiner Haß/Liebe zum Kitsch und meines Überdenkens von Metaphoren, Symbolen und Botschaften. Nichtsdestotrotz mag ich es zu dieser Jahreszeit Metaphoren vom versprochenen Leben ins Haus zu bringen. Die Narzissen sind geblüht.


Apropos Kitsch: Diese Stiefel, Tasche und Samba-Tanzende-Roboterküchenuhr sind irgendwie beim Weihnachtseinkaufen mitgekauft worden. Irgendwie.


Ich trinke wenig Tee, insofern fällt das lesen von Teeblättern aus. Ergo lese ich mein Cappucino. Dieser zeigt meines Erachten ein flammides Herz Milagro. Also doch Advent.

Und? Wie geht's euch?

2 comments:

Sanna said...

Huhu Nancy,

Stiefel und Tasche bitte hier hin. ;-) Ich befüchte nur, bei Stiefeln haben wir nicht ganz die gleiche Schuhgröße, wenn ich an deine Körperlänge denke. *lach

Hab noch eine schöne (kitschige oder nicht kitschige) Adventszeit.

Liebe Grüße
Sanna

Missy said...

Love the Annatorium! New bedding is akin to new socks in my universe...no day can be bad when sporting new socks. :-)

sending greetings from the frozen north!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails