fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Low tide



Fully fledged? Me? Not quite.

I've been taking stock of the past year. Did I accomplish what I intended in the past 12 months? Yes and no. Mostly no.

Do I have any good excuses? Yes and no. Mostly no.

Have I learned anything? Yes. And probably no.

No highs without lows. And tides turn.

Ich blicke auf die vergangenen 12 Monaten zurück. Habe ich das erreicht, was ich mir vornahm? Ja und nein. Überwiegend nein. Habe ich dafür ausreichende Entschuldigungen? Ja und nein. Überwiegend nein.

Habe ich daraus gelernt? Ja. Und wahrscheinlich auch nein.

Keine Höhen ohne Tiefen. Kein Flut ohne Ebbe.

2 comments:

mooi hoor... said...

"Why, Jon, why?" his mother asked. "Why is it so hard to be like the rest of the flock, Jon? Why can't you leave low flying to the pelicans, the albatross? Why don't you eat? Son, you're bone and feathers!"

"I don't mind being bone and feathers mom. I just want to know what I can do in the air and what I can't, that's all. I just want to know."

On to new tides Nancy! I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

nic said...

me, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails