fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, September 14, 2008

MIKA Day 5

1. Ponder the question, To cuff, or not to cuff? a little bit longer.

2. Buy a zipper for the fly (I have so many zippers ... zippers, zippers, so many zippers, but never the right one...).

3. Join the Farbenmix flickr photo sharing group.

I didn't know there already was a flickr group ... Sarah, the moderator over there, just told me there was one already. See? The cool kids have been doing this waaaay long. I'm so out of it. I know that. Certainly not even cool enough to be in the photo group for Farbenmix and studioTANTRUM/Fledge. Thank you, Sarah, for all your work and support. I think it's especially cool that you did this of your own accord. That is a real honor.

4. While buying that zipper for the fly, get stuff ready for Chris' FELIX sew-along! Check it out: Chris uses clear plastic to trace the pattern. That's a great idea. Chris writes in German and English (she's the angel that is translating so many of the patterns and is a creative and generous soul whom I love to bits!), so it's all good. FELIX is a great jacket. Really terrific. Great for boys and girls.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

aw, you make me blush!! (and of course you know I'd love to have your photos in the pool, but don't feel obligated!)

And wow, thanks for mentioning Chris' blog, I'm just now peeking and about to avoid work for another 15 minutes or so!!

lissilulu said...

I am LOVING these sew alongs.
thanks for dropping my my blog and taking a peek at the Imogene dress.

Boy, I love these patterns! BTW..I ran across the Huups website...man I am in love with those appliques.
My mind is going nuts with clothes ideas to put them on.
Have you bought them before and because my brain is fried...is the money exchange horrible?
Lori

Fledgling said...

Hello Lissilulu!

The exchange rate is around $1.70 = EURO 1.00, plus, like, 3% that PayPal takes for the trouble of converting.

I know Jeanette of Huups personally and I can assure you that she will do everything to make sure you are happy with your embroidery files. These files really do embroider beautifully. The ladies who digitize these designs obsess over every single stitch. And the designs? Have you ever seen anything so wonderful?

Have a great day! -N.

Amy Badskirt said...

Can you believe I actually caught up! The pattern arrived a few hours ago and I'm up to day 5! I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

I've possibly made a clown suit for the world's tiniest elf, but there may just be some cute trousers in there somewhere!

Your photos and notes have been fantastic! Cheers!

Miss K.P.-Ness said...

I don't know about more cuffs or zippers, but I have a fever, and the only prescrption is more snaps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails