fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, June 15, 2009

Nothing ventured etc.






ZORRA is totally one of those patterns that needs to be photographed worn to appreciate the genius of the knee-thingies. Ingrid has so much talent putting in the itty-bitty details that take the look to another level.

But here are a few detail photos of my ZORRAs. I had these canvas bags from Japan with funny screen-printed images that fell victim to my rotary cutter. I didn't have much to pair with these brilliant images, but I thought some green khaki and Amy Butler might pull it together. I'm not quite sure. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that jazz.

ZORRA is eins der Schnittmuster, der eigentlich angezogen photographiert werden muß: Nur so kann frau die Genie hinter den Knie-Dingens wahrnehmen. Ingrid besitzt ja diesen Talent, die winzigkleine Details zu integrieren, die das Design zu einem anderen Level heben.

Nichtsdestotrozt ein paar Detailaufnahmen. Ich hatte solche Tragetaschen aus Segeltuch aus Japan mit diesen witzigen Motiven aufgedruckt, die eben Opfer meines Rollschneiders gefallen sind. Passende Stoffe waren so richtig keine im Regal. Ich dachte, etwas grüner Khaki zusammen mit Amy Butler tun's. Bin mir jetzt nicht so sicher. Wer nicht wagt und so weiter.


And I can't resist this image. Ray and Charles Eames. And Ray is driving! Love her shoes...

Und dieses Bild kann ich kaum wiederstehen. Ray und Charles Eames. Und Ray fährt! Liebe ihre Schuhe...

1 comment:

Lola Nova said...

I love those Zorras! I am going to have to try that pattern for myself. Funny, I was just reading a little something about the Eames.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails