fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

3rd+FF


The chair is from the Farmers Market at Third and Fairfax. If I can get the table in the corner near Benton's Ice Cream with my back to the wall and big cup of Bob's coffee and a couple of those kind of squishy raspberry thumb print cookies from that baker in the middle and pretend I'm not eavesdropping on the elderly Jewish couple debating Canter's vs. Nate & Al's delicatessens, and keep my glances to the fellow with a bouncing leg and a manic typing tempo on his Mac infrequent and generally just watch all that is going on, I am very happy. Very happy indeed. I know, I agree, that whole Grove thing is close to an abomination. But that is a whole different thing. Really. I hope. I think by crossing that street, you are actually stepping through a wormhole, an anomoly in the time-space continuum, because these two things simply cannot coexist on the same plane of existence. Except in Los Angeles, of course. Well, the Grove has an Apple store. But parking validation for the Farmers Market is different than for the Grove, so that proves it: Two separate things entirely.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Ohh, another place I´ve missed visiting in California. I put it on the to-visit list for the next trip ;O)

BTW, watch out for the postman ;O)

L, Chris

mooi hoor... said...

Oops I tried out the Grove link. Iééé: didn't go any further than the home page. That was enough. Seems to me you picked the best corner on the Farmers market. next to ICECREAM is very good. In case you'll ever visit Munich: I invite you to go to the Saturday market on the Rotkreuzplatz and hop by Sarcletti first ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails