fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Friday, July 18, 2008

How exactly is that supposed to work?

I get a package with this note.



The box I get is chock full of Haribo and a stack of fabrics. Including this one. This is such a beautiful textile.



It's this border photo print. Just spectacular. I know exactly what I want to make out of it. Actually, I want to make about three things from it. No: five things. And this leaves me to make difficult choices. Very difficult decisions. And I'm supposed to relax? How am I supposed to do that? I'm riding a sugar rush and have gorgeous fabrics in my grasp! Relax? Ha! You've put me to work! There's also some lovely creams and a scented shower gel included in the box, which is also very considerate, because my personal hygiene could very well suffer given the circumstances.


Thank you, Chris: I know you meant well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails