fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Must be a slow news day.


So I had tea today with the viper fish. I had green tea and the viper fish had chiffon cake. All was well. Until...

...rumblerumblerumbleRUMBLErumblermblerumble...

5.4 on the Richter scale.

When the café is atop a parking garage, 5.4 feels like 5.8.

Anyway, nothing happened here in Los Angeles. I was getting calls from Germany about an hour after the earthquake happened. Folks, it was no big deal. Must be a slow news day in Deutschland. Energy along the faults released: That's a good thing. That makes the next BIG ONE smaller. Thank you for your calls and emails.

But, yeah, I did stock up on water and freshened up the granola bars in the earthquake kit.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you are okay !! I read about the earthquake an hour after it happend, but at the same time remembered reading you comment on the tipi. So I went back to klickundblick to check the time you posted your comment. After I again checked the news on USAtoday.com, I went relieved to bed.

Now I'm really relieved to know you won't starve if the big one takes place (hopefully it will never happen!) ...

XO, Chris

Cris Dukehart said...

shewww - Wiping my brow. I knew you would be prepared ;) (granola bars) Earthquake kits for liberals...granola, green tea, chiffon cake... giggle...I'm totally in your shelter!

nic [luzia pimpinella] said...

ich bezweifele ja irgendwie, dass das wirklich NO BIG DEAL war... doch ich bin froh, dass du es so siehst und das ihr alle OK seid!

:o)

*puh*

liebe grüße
nic

... die sich defintiv n die hose machen würde...

Doug said...

Great idea! I will never leave the house again without stuffing the pockets of my cargo shorts with lots of snacks... just in case of an earthquake... or a traffic jam... or just cuz I'm feelin' a bit peckish... :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails