fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Helmut, Linda and Georgio...

...Newton, Evangelista and Armani, my 7-year-old girl and I, respectively,  are, respectfully, not.

But we try.

...Newton, Evangelista und Armani sind beziehungsweise meine sieben-jährige Tochter und ich in keinsterweise.

Aber wir bemühunen uns.

How do you like my jacket? It is an idea in progress. I was playing with the idea of a long blazer with feminine touches, like the bits of gathering at the waist and hem.
Wie gefällt die Jacke? Sie ist eine im Bau befindliche Idee. Ich habe mit der Idee eines langen Blazers mit femininen Details, wie z.B. das bißchen Eingekräuselte am Saum und an der Taille, gespielt.
I also wanted a simple one-piece collar/jacket front panel. And I'm pretty pleased with how that pattern piece turned out. I also forewent the collar band. Shouldna. Should have added that little collar band around the back of the neck. Yeah, it really would have helped the lay of the collar. No shortcuts there that I know of.
Gewollt war ein einfaches (dann gedoppelt) einteiliges Kragen/Jackenvorderteil-Schnittmusterteil. Zufrieden bin ich mit dem Teil. Auf einen Kragenband habe ich versichtet. Nicht die beste Idee. Der Kragen hätte besser mit gelegen.
I vented the back. I think I'll try more of a swing coat in the back. It would be simpler to sew and have Schwung. Must have Schwung.
Der Rücken ist geschlizt. Das nächste Mal probiere ich doch mit mehr Schwingteilen. Das wäre einfacher zum Nähen und hätte mehr Schwung. Schwung muß sein.

So: Hot or not? Keep going or forgetaboutit?
Also: Gut order nicht gut? Weitermachen oder liegenlassen?

15 comments:

Kristen said...

keep going! I love the work in progress...what about more of a peplum flare to the back so the coat does not open...could even be a coordinating fabric???

Anonymous said...

Oh definately continue on!
Love the gathering at the waist and hem!

Cris Dukehart said...

Keep going says I! What a brave new venture!
LOVE IT!
Sarah

Cris Dukehart said...

Oh, and I agree about the collar band. I have tried everything to get around them on the Market Dress, but to no avail. Hey ho the collar band.

Sabine said...

Jaaa, Nancy, mach unbedingt weiter.... der Saum alleine ist eine Show!
Liebe Grüße und frohes Schaffen
Sabine

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

KEEP GOING! Pretty please!

;o))

Sabine

Kymarami said...

Ja.... natürlich weitermachen!
Mal was für Große im Nancy Stil, tolle Idee und auch mir hat es gerade der Saum angetan!

LG Linda

seelenruhig said...

Weitermachen! Ist ein sehr originelles Teil mit netten Details - einem tollen Stoff und jetzt schon mal mit einer klasse Frau drin!

Herzliche Grüße von ellen


http://www.ellen-schnell.de/seelenruhig/

WasserMilchHonig said...

bitte bitte - weitermachen - schwund - aussergewöhnlich - also nancymäßighalt ;-)
lg
marina

nic said...

hot. absolutely incinerating. and truth be told, i kinda like the way the collar does that relaxed drape...but you are the patterning maven, so overrule as you see fit. :)

suja-kindermoden said...

...mach bitte unbedungt weiter. Das ist ein Traumteil und auch mir gefällt der Saum!!!

LG Ute

Lisa said...

Keep going momma, I love it.

Eva said...

Hey, Nancy Linda Armani Schmidt...;)
Next time you ask me about patterns I definately will ask you how to knitt...;-P

But seriously...keep going. I bet in the end it will look completely different anyway...>:->

Eva

Nikella said...

Keep going! I looks like something I would wear!

freche fee said...

Ja !!!!
...weitermachen...
ich bin begeistert !

Liebe Grüße
die Näh-Fee
;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails