fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or...whatever...



There were years when my mom made my Halloween costume, per my exact wishes, and there were years that I was directed to the closets to create some sort of costume out of whatever I found in there.
We went with Plan B this year.


My boy dressed himself in bubble wrap and called himself Pop Rocks.


I was the Queen Bee (Honey, it's not easy being queen).


And a lesson in the economic theory of value, namely willingness to pay: One Heath Bar has a market value of one Lemon Heads, one Twizzler, one Sour Patch and one Whoppers. Admittedly, it is a very small market, just Jack and Anna, but a market nonetheless. And Anna drives a very hard bargain.

1 comment:

wondermommy said...

Those costumes are great! I love that pumpkin! My kids have not thought of the exchanging candy idea...they just want the other to stay away from their bucket :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails