fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pretty please


A pretty picture. And wishing you a happy day.

I could post about Pacific Homeworks. But then, after my venting about California schools, I would have to rename this blog "Shrill Hausfrau with Internet Access". (But did you see? On Feb. 29th, the Wall Street Journal wondered aloud why Finnish kids are so smart, too).

Just this: If you are in Southern California and need home improvement, and are considering Pacific Homework, don't bother. If you have any self respect, don't bother with Pacific Homeworks. Just walk away. 

1 comment:

Eva said...

Hi Nancy,
I just read the article and I could cry! (Tried to make the PISA Test to, but it's in english and it's to late now anyway..-any other excuses?)
There doesn't seem to be much difference in the way politicans in the US or Germany are dealing with the problem of schooleducation... and the solution could be so simple:
Let them be children; children are curious by nature!
TRUST in them, they want to learn and grow up!
How can politicans talk about future, if they cling so desparatly to the past or max. the next election period?
(Okay, I'm crying now... over my childs 50 h week: To school at 7:30, home 13:30 homework: average 15:00-18:00, sometimes weekend too. By the way, she's 9!)
Maybe I should write my own hysterical middle european housewife post instead of crowding your blog...
Ah, but one last thing: Know what keeps me going? To know the best way for my girl to grow into a strong and indepentend woman is an strong an independend mother! And I'm working on it..:)
So: chapeau you send the article in! Nothing better for your children.
Eva
By the way: lovely picture..:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails