fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, September 17, 2007

Andy Goldsworthy, thank you for being



I've had this Netflix DVD for 3 weeks. I've watched it probably 10 times. I don't want to return it and get my own copy. I don't want to be without this DVD.

While many artists strive for permanence, Goldsworthy seems to not only to understand that beauty is temporal, but he celebrates that fact.

I'm inspired to go do something. Something like this. A random, temporal act of beauty.

Rivers and Tides: Working with Time (2003). I highly recommend it. But I won't let you have my copy.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hai Nancy,
I love Goldsworthy, I've studied him several times while I was still in Artschool. He makes such beautiful things whit ordanary materials. And his sense of nature is wonderfull.

Nice to meet someone who loves his word too !!

Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails