fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The week in pictures







My cooking is pretty bad. I even burn socks! Oh, like you've never tried to speed up the drying process by putting something in the oven! Oh. I see. You really haven't. My son has one more game left: I'm going to spray paint them light blue again (sorry, babe).

A sidewalk spirit breaks through. Don't step on a crack!

Downtown, I picked up some bolt ends. Like I need more fabric? Uh, no. But I can write it off!

A Japanese cookie with a skunk on the wrapper and a faux ice cream cone Easter Island totem with man-boobs inside? I don't know what that could possibly all mean.

How was your last week?

Mein Kochen ist dermassen schlecht, es werden sogar Socken verbrannt! Ja: Als ob du niemals Socken im Backofen getrocknete hättest. Ach so. Hattest auch niemals. Okay. Jack hat nur noch ein Spiel im Saison: Ich werde die Socken mit Sprühfarbe wieder hellblau färben (tut mir leid, Schatz).

Ein Gehweggeist ist durchgebrochen.

In der Innerstadt habe ich Stoffballenenden abgeholt. Brauche ich etwa mehr Stoff? Nö. Aber abschreiben kann ich's!

Dieser Keks: Eine japanische Eiswaffelimitation mit Osterinsel-Totem und Männermöpsen? Häh?

Und wie war deine Woche?

2 comments:

nic said...

okay, the socks and the man-boobs are cracking me up. that was some week!

mooi hoor... said...

OK, those socks. You CAN'T be true! This is kind of in the same league as the time my husband wanted to speed up drying his socks over an open fire. The sock melted.

Your week looks pretty cool though and quite relaxed. I like the "writing off" piece very much as well ;).
I'm recovering from my first fair. Oh man. And from an ear infection of my youngest. And from the fact that this morning I discovered somebody had scratched our car from front to end with a key or something. Bummer.
The fair was fun though - and I'm working madly to get my website up. Soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails