fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Best Things Are Free Day 7

Things Lost.


And Things Found.



****

This string of pearls was lost. I was a tiny bit heartbroken at the loss. Although the clasp was very old, the pearls were not--as are the things for sale on the Portobello Road: Less genuine than they appear. So it really wasn't much of a loss in terms of Pounds sterling. And it was just a thing. But I did want them and I wanted the memory of the splurge during a trip to London. But--looky there, almost ten years later--my little girl found them tucked away in an old purse. 

I will admit that there was a time, when I chased after things and lost other, more important Things. I sought the best things, at the expense of the Best Things. (Because I do like things. Mmmm .... things...). Luckily, I have found again many of those Lost Things. I found many of those Things with my husband and the children. In my husband and my children. I'm still looking for some of the other, important Things I lost. I think they are tucked away and not lost forever. I'm looking.

Here is a little story of something lost. 
And found.

"The Lost Egg"


One day, an egg was hatched. The little animal said, "Where is my mom?"

The little animal was so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sad, that the little animal cried so so hard.

But soon, it found its mom and dad.

4 comments:

Clara said...

I LOVE this Nancy...it's wonderful when you are able to find things that were once "lost". I find some of my lost things within my children...they're still there, just misplaced them for awhile in this 35 year old mind of mine.

Let Ana know I think she is a wonderful writer!

Chris said...

Read "There's no place like here" by Cecelia Ahern. I think you will like it. I wrote a blog entry about this book in January.

http://gummibearjunky.blogspot.com/2008/01/enigma.html

The book is all about lost things in life. Socks, friendships, love ... Beautifully written with a lot of wisdom in it.

Anna is a real sweetheart. It shows in your kids what a caring person you are. Don't ever change !

XO, Chris

Eva said...

Finding things lost always lets me make my peace with fate...;)
I found something too today, my access to posting "best things are free". Hope I wont loose it too soon. (Since I'm a real Loosing-Pro...:(...)
Eva

FrechesFruechtchen said...

Hallo Nancy, annas Story is great. We love it

Best wishes
Heike

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails