fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Thursday, August 21, 2008

studiotantrum.com/shop


True: Back in the last millennium, 1990-something, I was "nancy@compuserve.com". I let that screen name go. I thought I could always get it back, because, seriously, how many people named "Nancy" were ever going to sign up with CompuServe? I loved CompuServe. I could go on there and after only two hours and a measely $120, I could scroll through lots and lots of ASCII and find, like, Bloomberg reports and some other kinds of information that I could use to impress a room full of MBAs  while I was not an MBA, but needed to be an MBA. This Infocosm (that's what some people were calling it) was a good thing. But expensive, so I let "nancy@compuserve.com" go.

For reasons still unclear to me, I was also hanging around the University of Illinois at the time Marc Andreesen was still afloat on the campus. My-friend/not-boyfriend/just-a-friend/later-to-be-my-husband (oh, now it's becoming clearer as to why I was hanging around the Beckman Institute) was even offered to be Employee Number Five at Netscape. He turned that down, so that he could finish his doctorate (which was the second doctorate awarded in Germany on the topic of the Internet). (If he'd taken that Netscape job, heck, universities would be throwing honorary doctorates his way. He can be so smart and so not-so-smart at the same time). My point is, I wasn't amazingly surprised at the Information Revolution. I figured we'd be shopping online and buying music and emailing and chatting and all that stuff back then. Yes, back in the day when Nirvana was not on the Oldies Station.

So why has it taken me so long to get my online shop up? It's not that hard. Millions of people have done all the heavy lifting on all this html stuff and most of it is free for the taking. Html is like a foreign (spoken) language, I suppose, html is something that takes time to learn and confidence use. Kids learn much faster. And it takes me longer to learn.

Anyway, the online shop is open for taking wholesale orders. Please use the site for your Farbenmix and studioTANTRUM/fledge purchases. Please consider signing up for the newsletter, as I will use that to announce new products and other news.

www.studiotantrum.com/shop

It's not the prettiest online shop out there. And I need to work on a portal page (so don't forget that "/shop"). But I think (hope) this will be easier and more convenient. The inventory will be much more accurate than my eyeballing the stuff in the garage.

You'll need to be a registered reseller to order from the online site. There's information on the site on how to become a reseller. There's some paperwork and all that jazz.

Thank you for your patience. Click here for all the fun!

3 comments:

lissilulu said...

Congratulations on your shop!
I have a dotcom that I pay monthly for because I don't want someone else to end up with my lissilulu name. However I dont use it because it isnt the look I am going for and also cannot update my designs on there for new inventory.
There is the whole sad story. LOL

Anyway, going to look at yours. :o)
Lori

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

Congratulationa, Nancy!!
It's never too late! ;o)

Sabine

Miss K.P.-Ness said...

Is that the design for my next tattoo?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails