fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Friday, May 1, 2009



Just a coincidence? Exactly at the moment of the debut of Eva's new embroidery design series, my girl is cast in the Second Grade play as the frog who wants to fly. The frog lives at the bottom of a tropical rain forest and has never seen the sky.

I happen to have a lot of sympathy for this character, the frog. She sings this song that goes something like:

"Just once I want to see the sky.
Way above the trees.

Just once I want to get up high.
Way beyond the leaves.

I've tired leaping like a lizard.
Stoppin' all this hoppin'

But I'm a hundred feet too short..."

Know that feeling?

Well, frog finally gets her wish with the help of her friend, the toucan ("two can!").

Know that feeling? Having a friend to help you achieve your dreams? I'm lucky enough to say, yes, two can.

1 comment:

anjana said...

That costume is soooooo cool!
Looks like Anna had a blast.

Anjana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails