fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Charmed life

Dingle-dangle. Twinkle-dinkle. Sparkle and shine.

Just look what the mail carrier brought me today!


This charm bracelet says "Sewing" and "Clothes" and "KIDS" and "Love". Get it? I got it! I have it. My charm bracelet dingle-dangles as I type this. It twinkle-dinkles as I drive around town. It clinky-winkies as I comb out Anna's tangled hair. It sparkles and shines when I grab my $50 parking ticket. My bracelet makes even that fun.



Oh, but then there's this key ring! "Studio Tantrum" on one side and "Sewing Clothes Kids Love" on the other.


And even something for my Anna-bug! The sweetest little locket with her name inside!

A charmed life: I think so. I think I've got one. Today, at any rate, for sure. Chris, you blow me away. What can I say? I'm blown away. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Stamped sterling silver: Is there anything better? So personal, so individual. So much work and so much love. Blown away.

Many times, I'll come across some beautiful work of a craftsperson. Then, when I have the opportunity to meet that person, I'm so very happy to see that the beautiful work of that person is more often than not an accurate reflection of the beautiful person, who created it. It's a cool dynamic of this whole handcrafted world. Haven't you found that to be true? And Chris is definitely a case in point. She is beautiful in so many ways.

Want to get blown away yourself? Want a charmed life? Talk to Chris. Artig!?! And she speaks great English.

1 comment:

nic [luzia pimpinella] said...

oh.... awesome, nancy!

i've been blown away myself by chris' creations several times!

i got one necklace from my dear girlfriends... and gifted necklaces myself to my 2 BBFs!

chris' jewelry is the best. i LOVE it... and LOVE your bracelet!

xoxo...
nic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails