fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hello friends!

I've been slow to post to this blog recently. And I apologize. This week, I actually have a good excuse: Both my computer and back-up computer are in for repairs. Anna got a shiny new MacBook for her birthday and I'm sneaking in a blog post using her machine ... shhhhh ... our secret, okay?

I'm finishing up fixing up Jack's room. It started out as just as a dust-allergy induced bout of utter frustration about the state of the boy cave and morphed into a full-fledged decorating spree to create a functional, fun Jack-habitat. I'm a bit addicted to Apartment Therapy and their mantra of "one room at a time"... one room at a time ... one room at a time... ommmmm ... I'm also trying to hold to "the challenge of the utmost kind" and I'm doing pretty good. Except for this wall mural thing. Sort of blew the challenge there. Another secret just between you and me, okay-dokey?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails