fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, August 23, 2010

Sooo... Whaddup?


I'm in such a nesting mood, I keep checking my arms to see if I'm growing feather. After redoing Jack's room, it's only "fair" to see if Ebay and Craigslist don't have a few things for a new look for the Annatorium. All in the name of fairness.

Every room needs a statement piece. In the Jack Habitat, it is this chair. Or maybe the puffer fish.

For Anna's room, well, she doesn't really know exactly what statement she wants to make. Just less ORANGE. Much less orange, thank you very much. And "groovy". And "glamorous". And "not princess". So my head is heading Mid Century Florida, where my grandmother had a glamorous (in my opinion) condominium in Saint Petersburg. Think beach with a touch of The Kapok Tree Inn. My grandmother had money and my mother had great taste: When those two got together to redecorate, man, they would have done Dorothy Draper proud. I haven't the budget or the finesse to do what they did, but I'm priming wood nonetheless. Not sure how it will all come together, but have to start somewhere.


Part and parcel for particle board, it's time that the Ikea bed went before it collapses and the girl wakes up in a pile of sawdust. I picked up an "antique four-poster bed" on Craigslist. Antique it's not. And four-poster is more like canopy bed sans canopy. Do we hear the voice of buyer's remorse? Yeah, sure, but also the echo of "let's do whatever the heck we want with the bed-shaped mass of wood!" So, on with the primer today!

And then there's this for inspiration. The very best kind. More on that later

Have a great day,
Nancy

2 comments:

nic [luzia pimpinella] said...

i have no doubt that everything will come together perfectly. can't wait to see what it looks like.

ummm... if there will grow feathers on your arms, could you please fly here and do some nesting too? i really need some change but i am lacking of inspiration!

if that's not possible i will come over to you to get some. yes, it's official in our family. i purchased a SF & LA lonely planet. see ya next summer... can't wait! :)))))))))))


xoxo...
nic

Lola Nova said...

I can't wait to see what becomes of the Annatorium, after Jack's I can only imagine groovyness on a whole new level!
I'm nesting too, it's high time my own bedroom gets a makeover, now where's that sandpaper.
Best of luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails