fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Old School



Diana suggested we share our furniture faves (gee, and she just shared that she restores furniture: So rad). I could design furniture. I think I could. Seeing as how Design Within Reach hardly is ... I won't dwell on it, but I'm still not above a little bragging. How about this little charmer? It's industrial age Mid-Century steel and maple. A sawbuck (fünf Dollar ca. Euro 3, Leut') at the fireman's yard sale. Oh yeah. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.

I'm also trying out this blog photography ("blography"? Well, that would technically be "blog writing", but it sounds good, don't you think?). All crookedy and chopping off heads and foreshortened... Glimpses. Yeah, "glimpses" is what you go for. I'm old. And Old School. This crookedy photography will take some getting used to. I'll wait to see what it looks like.

1 comment:

mooi hoor... said...

Nancy, it's a gem! Both the chair and girl sitting on it.

The chair has acquired exactly the right patina over the years ;)

D.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails