fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thanks, Mom.






.

I don't spend enough time with you. And I leave things all messed up. And I take you for granted. And I take much more from you than I'll ever need and give so little back. I just assume you'll be there for me, no matter what I do. You get angry sometimes. Really angry. But mostly, you're so very beautiful and so very giving and forgiving. Happy Mother's Day, Mother Earth.

Ich komme nicht oft genug zu Besuch. Und ich verlasse Deinen Haushalt in einem Durcheinander. Ich nehme Dich für absolut selbstverständlich. Ich nehme von Dir viel mehr als ich jemals gebrauchen kann und gebe dafür so wenig zurück. Ich nehme an, dass Du für mich immer da sein wirst, egal was ich Dir antue. Machmal wirst Du böse. Richtig böse. Aber vielmehr bist Du so wunderschön und grosszügig und versöhnlich. Herzliche Grüsse zum Muttertag, Mutter Erde.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails