fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Purrealism



This baby kitty actually got to me. Usually, I can ignore a cat just about the same way the cat will ignore me. I'm allergic; cats are indifferent. It works for cats and me across this species divide if we just stay divided. But this baby kitty, this fluffy-wuffy itty-bitty baby kitty ... I actually caught myself about to take a deep breath to say "Awwww" at the bookstore checkout when I saw a calendar with kitties in sweaters or some such nonsense. I caught myself just in time. But I am making bad puns: "Purrealism"? It was almost "Art Mew-veau". Help.

Thanks, Karen, for lovely afternoon.

Wook at the way his wittle paw is playing with the paintbwush ...

2 comments:

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

The kitty is sooo sweet - I couldn't resist...

glg, Sabine

HannaPurzel said...

Was für ein schönes Foto!!! Und die Katze --> HERZIG!!!
LG Isabelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails