fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 27






Barney's New York Warehouse Sale, Barker Hanger, Santa Monica. 

Note to Posh Beckham's personal assistant: This Georgio Armani is still there. And another 40% off.

Note to all fashion-forward men: Dachshund. Big men carry small dogs (further example from Rodeo Drive).

What did I get? Oh, shoes. Of course. Four pairs. Because it's not what I spent, it's what I saved! Right?

Barney's New York Winterschlussverkauf in Santa Monica. Edelmarken auf Wuhltischen und Boy George und Depeche Mode aus den Lautsprechern. 

Memorandum an die Assistentin von Posh Beckham: Dieses Armani ist noch da. Und einen weiteren 40%-Rabatt.

Memorandum an modischen Männern: Dachshund. Grösse Männer tragen kleine Hunde (weiteres Beispiel auf Rodeo Drive).

Und ich? Ja, doch Schuhe. Denn solche habe ich nicht. Ausserdem, es zählt nicht, was ich ausgegeben habe, sondern was ich gespart habe! Oder?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Awwww, sometimes you are cruel *LOL*. You can't leave us hanging here without showing your new shoes !!
If you show us your new shoes, I show you mine ... even though they probably can't compete against yours. Deal ?

XOXO, Chris

anjana said...

Oh Nancy,

I could use (right!) a couple pairs of new shoes. But I must say I do hate those warehouse sales, they make me all crazy.
I can't stand it if I have to rummage through loads of stuff to find something for myself.

But..... if I am looking for Sasha, now that's a different story.
I can look for hours at a time for my not so little girl.

Maybe this summer I get to go to the Oilily warehouse sale in Manhattan, i missed it last year.

Your pics are the pit!!!


Anjana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails