fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Monday, December 20, 2010

4th Advent



"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything."

2 comments:

katherine h said...

I just bought your book and I love it. It arrived a few days ago and already I've made the dortje trousers. I showed it to my daughter and asked if there was anything in it she liked. She grumbled a bit and then sat down beside me. There is not usually very much in my sewing magazines that catches her attention. Then she declared "I love everything. Everything except the boys clothes". I suggested making the trousers. She wanted to know which ones. I explained that they would be a little different from the ones pictured because I had different fabrics. Then she wanted reasuurance "But will they be as colourful?" They were and she loves them. It was a very special way to use up all those scraps of fabric that I love but were too small for a project of their own. Thanks for such a fabulous book. I read your older post on writing the book and I appreciate that it was not just a book for beginners. There are lots of books for beginners but I am looking for more. Great book, thank-you.

Lola Nova said...

Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails