fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Third and Fairfax ...



... fresh rain pattering between the awnings.
... at Christmas time.
... Moishe's falafel.
... large hot coffee and a Bob's Doughnut.
... my boy discovering all that lay under that layer of thick chocolate in a piece of Little John's rocky road.
... my girl singing made-up words to Christmas carols being played by a steel drum reggae band.

Right now, I want nothing more. I'm good. I have all the Christmas presents I want. This is happy.

2 comments:

mooi hoor... said...

May 2011 bring you many more of those happy moments dear Fledgie!

nic said...

you have me in love with these chairs for reasons i cannot fully articulate. i hope your christmas was beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails