fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Because because because because because

Yellow_Road_1

Looks like a tornado hit my office. Which means I've been sewing. Or that a tornado hit. Considering what I came up with, it could have been either one.

Mein Office sieht aus, als wäre ein Wirbelsturm eingeschlagen. D. h. ich habe genäht. Oder daß ein Wirbelsturm tatsächlich eintraf. Angesichts was hinterblieb, kann es auch beides gewesen sein.

Yellow_Road_2

Yellow_Road_Front1

Cross my heart, I didn't start down the yellow brick road on purpose. My girl is growing up and I was thinking about a design that was fun and fresh, but not little girl. Vintage dresses with wasp waistlines  have been catching my eye, so that was the direction I wanted to head. To figure out the waistline, I thought I'd practice with a high-wasited suspender skirt. And I had this remnant of blue gingham. It wasn't until I was fitting the thing on my piggy-tailed girl that I'd recognized that I'd sewn an allusion to one of the most iconic looks of the Twentieth Century. Imposerus! (not-even-a-rhinocerus-imposerus).

Ganz ohne Lüge, bin ich nicht der Gelbenen Straße absichtlich spazieren gegangen. Mein Mädchen wird älter und ich dachte an Designs nach, die frisch und fun, jedoch nicht kleinmädchenhaft sind. Wespentaillen der 50er sind meine Herausfoderung...zum Üben ein Trägerrock...und wie wäre's mit'm karierten Stoffrest. Nicht bis zu dem Augenblick, als ich zur Probe den Rock meinem Zöpfchen tragenden Mädchen anzog, hatte ich erkannt, daß ich eins der ikonischsten Looks des 20sten Jahrhunderts angespielt hätte. Zauber.

Yellow_Road_Front2

Complete with Ruby Chucks.
Samt Rubinchucks.

Yellow_Road_Front3

At this point, well, I'd been taken by the twister, so I decided to make note of the journey along the hem..."Not in Kansas any more".

Then I embellished up a t-shirt with New York this and that, because the Big Apple is the Emerald City, in a way.

Tja. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt bin ich vom Wirbelsturm ohne Ausweg gesnappt. Daher den Hinweis am Zaum "Nicht mehr im Kansas..." 

Yellow_Road_Detail_2

Yellow_Road_Back1
MyMaki Liber-T glittery transfer.


Well, that isn't the only thing I sewed. I made something completely different. This shiny silver AMELIE tunic and silver denim shorts.

Also, ich habe auch was anderes genäht. Was ganz anderes. Dieses glitzernes AMELIE und silberne Jeansshorts.

TIn_Girl_3

See? Completely different. Nothing Wizard of Oz here...

Siehste? Ganz, ganz anders. Nichts Zauberer von Oz...
Tin_Girl_2

Oh, if I only had a brain...

Hätt ich nur ein bisschen Hirn...


FYI: Skirt original design. Tunic AMELIE Farbenmix. Shorts KATI from Farbenmix. Silver denim from Banberryplace. MyMaki Liber-T glitter transfer from Farbenmix.

4 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Flipping Awesome!

Nuf said

...and I want it all in my size

Nicole said...

Naaaaaancy.....habenwill :-)
LG Nicole

Jen said...

I love it! Okay, I love both outfits. I can't let Maeve see the skirt or she'll want me to do something like it. The Chucks and knee socks totally make the look.

Ixakay said...

Hello, Nancy. I have missed your blogs, fabulous photographs, endearing children, incredible talent and well, just you! So good to check in here to see you are continuing to inspire. Best wishes to all your endeavors! Kay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails