fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Postcards from California


I walked out my front door early this morning to give whoever was out there with the world's noisiest chain saw a piece of my mind, when I saw that it was not a chainsaw, but a little parade of classic VWs going up my street.


On our walk today, this is what we saw.

This couple was smiling and holding hands. And my heart just melted when they got up and danced: She in her pretty Sunday best and he, well, he has a "Wild Thing" T-shirt.



And this guy? The hat, the shorts, the skateboard, the hair? It's like Lederhosen in Munich. He was even wearing Vans. Seriously, this is a person you'll only see in California. He'd get stopped at the border to Oregon.



I love you, California.

1 comment:

Missy said...

VW parade...clap, clap, clapping with glee! Slug bug, slug bug, slug bug. sigh, my sister's first car was an old VW. It had 3 gears, had to be push started and I'd have to do wiper duty on the express way...good times. Thanks for sharing the vw pic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails