fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Saturday, June 27, 2009

WINONA-Day One


Winona Day One? I'll post over several days, but this pattern went together so easily, that I finished it up in about three hours. And I am pretty slow, pretty inefficient.

First, I need to decide if I want the apron detail or the side pockets. My girl is eight years old, now, so she might think the apron is a bit babyish. So I ask her opinion and she likes the apron. Goody! But the roomy side pockets are super-duper, too, so I would have been happy either way. I think I will age this look up a bit for a pre-tween in the choice of fabrics. I have this awesome olive drab nylon stuff. I've got to dig through my receipts and find out where I got this, because I want more. It is a thick, water repellant nylon with a brushed underside. Feels softy and smoothy against the skin. It is a material that is used quite a bit for board shorts and just a great material for being at the beach, because it wicks moisture away and dries in an instant. It's also kind of shiny. I like shiny.

This I have paired with a cotton material taken from tea towels from Anthropologie. That I have paired a material that repels water with one designed to absorb water makes perfect sense in my world. Just live in my reality for the moment. I like it here.

And here is a photo of the salad of trims that I thought about including. I'm shooting here for urban/ethnic/retro/vintage/French provincial...I seriously need to stay out of the Anthropologie store.


More tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails