fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WANDA W.I.P. (Work In Play)










So, my WANDA Fancy Pants turned out a little bigger than I wanted. I'd like a snugger fit. I had to cinch the material quite a bit over the elastic and the bum looks a bit pouffy for my taste. But the child rearing books all tell me the girl will grow! Next year, they should be just perfect.

I think the pattern runs true to size. My girl just doesn't run true to size. But she does run. And run. And run. And WANDA kept up!

This pattern is not difficult. There is just a good amount of piecing to do. But, really, the department stores have nice clothes, too. But none that compare to some WANDA Fancy Pants! So I think the extra effort is worth it.

Thank you, Ingrid, for such a wonderful design! Nobody mixes Andalusian romance with fun and sparkle the way you do!

FYI:  WANDA Fancy Pants from Farbenmix. QUIARA long-sleeve tee from Farbenmix. Rose-colored corduroy from Alexander Henry, I think. Scrounged from Ebay. Velveteen from Hilco.  Jersey knit a precious piece of Oilily gifted from the Gummi Bear Junky.

6 comments:

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

Perfect pants, girl and pictures!
Waiting for the next WIP! ;o)

Sabine

anjana said...

I love this pants. But you're right maybe Anna's tushi is a little small yet.

So I guess you'll have to wait for the tush to grow a little, but either way it looks lovely on Anna.

Great job in the WIP I must say!!


Anjana

nic said...

um, wow. i'm not sure i've ever spotted cuter pants, and i've seen some dang cute pants.

ps if she'd like, i'll gladly donate some of my rear end...then both of our pants would fit better...

lissilulu said...

cutest pants ever!
really...
love the design and the fabrics and trims you picked out.

I want to design some sort of skirt (remember me and zippers in pants..LOL) for my girls with grommets on the front..swedish feel...I think. lol!

have a great day!
Lori

♥ Vera said...

Ich liebe deine Wanda,wunderschööööön.Hab sie auch schon einmal genäht weiß was das für eine Arbeit ist,aber es hat auch viel Spaß gemacht.Dein Stoffmix und die liebevollen Details machen sie zum totalen Hingucker!!!!
Liebe Grüße
Vera

LiveTravelMex said...

Tolle Bilder!!

LG

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails